Thursday, November 4, 2010

Blog Challenge: Day 3

Day 3: Your First Love

This may sound cheesy, but I am lucky enough to be married to my first love. I didn't date in high school and I didn't date much in college either. Dating was just never high on my list of priorities. I had a lot of fun just hanging out with my friends and I still did a lot of babysitting too. Add that to school, work, and church, and there just wasn't much time for anything else in my life. I knew that God would bring me a man in His time and I was content to wait for that. My friend Vickie shared a verse with me that I've always loved, but never really put it to good use. It has, since then, become my life verse: Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4 God knew that I desired to be married and have a family above all else. I prayed that He would grant me patience to wait for His perfect timing and He has given me more than I could have ever imagined in Kevin and our growing family.

Now for our short story: We happened to be on a rafting trip together about a year and a half before we actually met and we vaguely remember each other being there. We really met when I had a teaching lab at his school. You know that old cliche about the PE teacher and the lab student? Okay so it's probably not that common, but that's us. He was really good friends with my lab teacher and we found ourselves in the same vicinity enough to strike up some conversations. He asked me out on my last day (in hopes that he would never have to see me again if I said "no"). Of course I said "yes" and after our first date, I knew he was different than the other few guys I had dated. We dated from April to December when he proposed and then we got married that June. We've been married for almost 2 1/2 years and I continue to thank God for him daily.
We went to the beach with some friends of ours after 3 months of dating.
Kev proposed at his school. I was completely shocked! I honestly had no idea. He tricked me by making me think I was going to have lunch with the teacher I had done my lab with. I was the most amazing surprise ever!

Our wedding day! 06-07-08

No comments:

Post a Comment