Friday, November 12, 2010

Blog Challenge: Day 12

Day 12: What You Believe
***Warning: I am a rambler! Do not read unless you want to know how rambly (I know rambly is not a word, but I couldn't think of one that fit my point) my mind really is!
Hmmm...where to begin. I guess I should start with the first thing that comes to mind: I believe that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior and that He died for my sins on the cross. I believe that I would be nothing and have nothing without His love. I believe "that if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord' and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved" (Romans 10:9).

When I was about 5 or 6 years old, I began my life as a Christian. Some people may say that when you're that young, you can't possibly make an informed decision as important as that. I believe that children have the most pure souls and when they make a decision that big and important, they do so with all of their being. It is much harder for an adult to make a decision like that because it requires so much faith and adults have generally experienced more let-downs and disappointments than children.

I also believe that I am right where God wants me to be right now. I will admit that we have been experiencing some financial difficulties lately. However, every time I start to pray and think about finding a job, God sends me signs telling me to just stay put. Do I want to go back to work and give up being able to raise my child at home? Absolutely not! I thank God that He continues to provide for us and allow me to stay home. I believe that being a mother is the greatest blessing God could have ever given me. With patience and faith, we'll make it through these tough times.
Okay, so I rambled a little, but this was what was on my mind so there it is. Man, these challenges have really made my blog a little deeper than what I originally intended. Some of my readers might be getting to know me a little more than you wanted to. Oh well! I've always thought of my life as an open book. I don't have secrets and I'll generally share my experiences with people who ask without much hesitation. That's just me!

1 comment:

  1. I am proud of you for listening to God and remaining a stay at home mom. That was an easy decision for me and Chris when we found out I was pregnant with Kathryn. It was what we both desired. God has grown our family quite a bit since then! And yes there may be tight times but He has always provided what we need. I am blessed to say that even with baby #4 on the way that dynamic of our family is not changing. There is no greater reward than to see your children grow and thrive each and everyday. I am so thankful for that blessing! I know you are as well. It will only become richer and deeper with your little one on the way!

    ReplyDelete