Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Blog Challenge: Day 24

Day 24: Something You've Learned

Wow! Only one thing? I've learned so much over the years, a little more since I've gotten married, and so much more just since becoming a mommy! There is nothing more educational than becoming a wife...until you become a parent! I guess I'll go with what I've learned most recently. Monday, we went to Commerce to do some shopping (we had some vouchers for a really good deal so we wanted to take advantage if we could). When we got about halfway there and were out in the middle of nowhere, Wyatt decided to wake himself up from his nap by throwing up...a lot! Kevin found somewhere to pull over and got Wyatt out and stripped him down while I tried to figure out how to clean up the car with his blanket, some kleenex, and what few baby wipes we had in the diaper bag. Luckily, I had packed enough extra clothes for the just in case issues that might arise while we were out.

So what's the lesson? If you're going to be driving in the middle of nowhere, bring cleaning supplies to handle any unforeseen messes your child might make. Note for the next trip: Bring paper towels and clorox wipes! The second lesson? Don't put your purse in front of the baby! Fortunately, he didn't get much in the purse, but it was enough to make me grossed out.

What are your never-leave-home-without items? Did you have a nice lesson to learn that made you want to pack those?

No comments:

Post a Comment