Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Allergies Part 2

Wyatt's allergy testing has been put on hold until he's a little older. We took him to one lab twice and another lab once and neither of them could get what they needed. They said he had good veins, but that they just kept rolling and it was hard to get them. I called Dr. B and she said she could usually get the hard ones so I took him in Monday morning, first thing. The result: Dr. B was surprised that even she was not able to get it done. We all decided that my poor little man had been tortured enough right now so it's the elimination game for us.
What does this mean? It means that the main foods that I thought might be causing problems for him have to be removed from his diet (which we pretty much already did) and will have to be re-introduced to him one at a time so we can try to figure out what his problems are. We still have the epi-pens for emergencies and if he non-emergent reactions, then we'll use the benadryl. It's a lot more stressful, but at least my poor baby won't get any more holes in his arms.
Now I realize that I haven't posted any pictures lately so I will try to post later today or tomorrow with some fabulous goings on lately! He's just growing and changing so much that I'm doing all I can to hold on to him and savor every moment I have with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment