Monday, December 7, 2009

Today

Today is a day of celebrating. One year ago today, Kevin and I spent the day in shock, awe, disbelief, and a whole heap of other emotions that would take a while to list. It was our 6 month anniversary and we were getting ready to go to church (it was a Sunday). We weren't going to make it for early church so Kevin suggested we start decorating the tree. I said that would be fine and said, "Or we could go get a pregnancy test?" His jaw just dropped. We had been trying to get pregnant and I was a couple days late.
Well, we drove to Walgreens and Kev waited in the car while I went in and bought 2 different types of tests. We went back home and I took a test. About 30 seconds after I set it down, it was already reading positive. Kevin asked me what it said and I told him it just hadn't been long enough so we waited another couple minutes. It was still positive, but the one line was lighter than the other. I was obviously not able to take another test at that time so we had no choice but to go to church. Needless to say, we weren't able to focus on the sermon at all that morning.
We went out for lunch for our anniversary and then went home to take another test. It too turned up positive and we spent the rest of the day going through all of those crazy, exciting emotions.
We decided to wait until Christmas to tell our families and it was a brutal 2 weeks. However, when the day finally came, it was the best thing in the world.
8 months later, we had our precious baby boy and life has been forever changed for the better!
Also, Wyatt is 4 months old today! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment