Friday, December 4, 2009

Murphy's Law

Every hear that saying, "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong."? Well, it seems like it is!
I know...things could be so much worse, and I'm still counting my blessings. However, I thought Kev's broken toe was enough for now. But alas, I was wrong.
Wednesday morning, about 30 minutes before it would've been time for Wyatt to wake up to eat, my phone rang and woke me up (luckily it was only on vibrate). It was Kevin. The truck broke down as he was getting off the interstate. So I threw on some clothes, woke the baby (I didn't mean to, but luckily he was okay with it), and went off to rescue my hubby. He called AAA (so glad we have it now) and we had to wait an hour for the tow truck to get there.
Then I took him to work. This was kind of a plus because I got to show off Wyatt to all his co-workers and my students that I taught last year. I love to show off my little man. He was so good getting passed around from stranger to stranger. No, none of the children were allowed to touch him (we're super cautious about school germs with the flu/H1N1 going around). Then we came home where I promptly gave Wyatt a bath.
So back to the truck. The place called Kevin and told him that the truck was not firing(?) on any cylinders and that it was going to cost X amount of money to take apart whatever to see how bad it was. Thursday they called to say that the truck needs a new engine. This is very sad to me because this was my first vehicle. I learned to drive in it and it's been in my life for 10 years. It's got a lot of memories and sentimental value. Unfortunately, that seems to be the only value it has.
So now we have a decision to make. Do we spend money to fix it, or do we let it go? This is very hard for me and I've said that I am not able to make the unbiased decision since I'm so attached. Please pray for us to discern from God what the wisest decision would be for our family. We don't really want to lose the truck, but even more than that, we don't want to make the wrong choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment