Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Wyatt is Three!!!

It happened again. My little big man had another birthday!  I made the mistake of asking him a few months ago what kind of party he wanted and what kind of cake.  All we (and everyone else) heard about the whole summer was that Wyatt was going to have a Thomas cake! He told everyone he met that he was going to have a Thomas cake and it was going to be "de-wicious"!  Let me just tell you that he has just exploded into words (when he's not throwing a scream-fit) and is quite funny on most occasions!  I hear a lot of things that I know he's heard from Kev and me, and a few things he heard from tv or grandparents.  Then there's the things that just come out of nowhere and we're just left shaking our heads and wondering where this first miracle of ours has come from!
So anyways, we go next week for his check-up and Maggie's 18 month check-up so I'll post those fun height and weight stats as soon as I can.  For now, on to the birthday party and the famous Thomas cake!  For those who don't know, Wyatt is a typical boy and as such, has developed a love for all things Thomas the train.  I think 98% of his birthday gifts were related to Thomas and he loves them! He also got a rhyme Bible and a t-ball set and he and Maggie have definitely enjoyed them.  I'm so glad the weather seems to be cooling off and they'll get to enjoy t-ball even more!
About his cake: I decided this year that I was going to make his cake...I had no clue I was going to be making this cake when I decided this, but I refused to purchase a cake that I felt completely capable of making myself.  I googled how to make a train cake on many occasion and found quite a few different ideas and this is what the final product looked like:

The distant shot with "Annie and Clarabel" (the extra train cars).

Thomas!  I couldn't find yellow icing for his number 1, but Wyatt didn't care a bit!

Thanks to my awesome friend Abbie, who was able to come over to help me and encourage me as we cut and pieced together the shape of Thomas.  It's really scary, until you eat the leftover pieces! ;)

Opening presents--Cars wrapping paper and Thomas inside made for one very happy boy!

So excited for t-ball!

We're so blessed by our family and friends who came to watch Wyatt open his presents...and eat cake and sandwiches!

Checking out his present and Maggie getting in the action.

Oooooh! Who doesn't love money! (it goes into his college savings fund--I know, we're so mean!)

Sitting in his new Thomas chair and reading a card!

Thanks to our family and friends for helping make this a super, fun day for Wyatt! He had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment